Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mission Critical

The Mission Critical website was extremely helpful and useful.  It provided a lot of information on inductive and deductive reasoning, casual arguments, conditional arguments, and a lot more.  It was set up as a table of contents and it broke down the readings and exercises by subject.  It begins with the parts of an argument, to basic relations, analysis, fallacies, and other common fallacies.  All the information provided is similar to what we have read in our Critical Thinking textbook.   It also has all the emotional appeals, which also helped me, understand the emotions better.  They had appeal to fear, pity, spite, prejudice, vanity, and loyalty.  What is helpful on this website is all the exercises and reviews that were provided.  I liked how they provided free exercises to help understand the concepts better, and when you pick your answer and it get it right or wrong, the website takes you to the answer and explains why that was the answer.  So, when I would get an answer wrong I was able to comprehend why it wasn’t the answer I picked.

5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I like how your blog commends the mission critical website because it touches on the basic concepts that many of us may struggle with. The website definitely had a lot of terms but for me, it wasn't hard to comprehend because everything was broken down, basically. The topic of emotions also appealed to me because it helped me to understand how these emotions can help to make arguments or set examples. The free exercises were also a good tool for us to use. They were just like mini quizzes that helped us to review, something that we should be doing for our upcoming final. Overall, I liked your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I totally agree with your post. I found that the website very helpful and useful. It is definitely clear and precise with the different types of words and terms that they had. I like how you gave a brief explanation to what the website had such as appeal to fear, pity, spite, prejudice, vanity, and loyalty. I felt that this was a good website to look at because it had all the terms we went over from our readings. It helped clarify a lot of topics that were sometimes difficult to follow. I also agree with the exercises part, it was very detailed and straight to the point, which I liked. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your post! I thought that the mission critical website was very informative and helpful, maybe even more so than the cause and effect website. What I found interesting was the explanation of the rhetoric and how it is often miscontrused in society. Without the clarification when using the rhetoric, claims and statements can often times be judged as incorrect, when in reality they are valid under different reasoning. However, I really like your examples that you used for your post. Your examples with all of the emotions was incredibly beneficial. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with yo on everything that you said about the mission critical website. It was very helpful in reviewing the basics of arguments and the various concepts. It's good that the website helped you with the appeals to emotions. I agree that the exercises were really helpful because you get a reason for the correct answer. Getting it in a practice example then an explanation for it, is very helpful in understanding the concepts. Recommended for all people who have any trouble with these concepts or any first timers who trying to learn it because this website goes into great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the points that you make in this post. Your post has many common points to mine because we think of Mission Critical Site the same way, I guess. I also like the Mission critical website because it has many information that I can wrap up for this course. I think the layout of the site is also a plus since I can find the information I need in ease. The site is well organized and detail. I also like how it has examples for every concepts that it list out. The examples analysis are easy to follow. Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete