Thursday, December 9, 2010

My favorite thing in class


My favorite part of our Comm 41 class was the fact that it was online and we had to have a blog.  I liked how we had to post on our blogs about concepts we learned in class.  My least favorite thing in class was having a time limit on when we can post on our blogs.   I didn’t like the twelve hour limit between posts because I would tend to forget to do my posts.   Perhaps if the time limit were cut shorter to maybe six hours it would be easier to remember.  Also, the group work was pretty cool to do since it helped that we all did not have to do individual essays, but some people did not make any effort on helping with the group work.  I think if team assessment was mandatory when we turned in our papers it would help identify which members actually did the work and which ones did not.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post! I really enjoyed reading it. I also liked the fact that the class was based off of blogs. In the beginning of the semester, I was really nervous about the blogs because I had never had any experience with blogging or anything of the sort before. I also struggled with the time limit. I would often times forget about the blogs and reading because there was no real reminder that we would have if we were to attend an actual class. The group projects were pretty fun, however it was hard for our group to set up dates that we could all meet because it was a group of five people, but luckily everyone always did the same amount of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your post, this was my first time using a blog for a class. It was interesting to be able to click on other sections or other classmates blog to read their perspective on a topic that maybe I or you didn't understand. And I agree with the time limit! I am right there with you, it would be Friday and I would totally panic of how to get in three post with it making it in the 12hour distance. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this! I am so happy because there is someone who feels the same way like I do. Your least favorite things in this course are also mine. I feel furious when someone receive credits without even trying hard. That is the major issue that I have to deal when I work in groups. Furthermore, I hate voting because sometimes majority can be wrong too. I wanted to meet new people, and I had to stick with the same ones for the whole semester. I think it would have been better if we had a chance to work with new people on each assignment.

    ReplyDelete